In order to provide an evidence-base and guidance for malaria programme managers at national level, the International Organization for Migration (IOM), the World Health Organization (WHO) and key stakeholders in the 5 countries, collaborated on this document to provide recommendations on the technical implementation and policy implications of addressing malaria for MMPs. A key part of this collaboration is the documentation and analysis of migration and health related laws, policies and legal frameworks existing as of 2015 that impact upon access to health and malaria services, whilst identifying the gaps and further opportunities for paving the way to eventual malaria elimination in the GMS.
- International legal framework and policies
- Regional legal framework and policies
- Overview of policies and legal framework in the Greater mekong subregion
- Gaps and opportunities on legislation and policy framework related to health and provision of malaria services for migrants
- Conclusions and recommendations
This report was a collaborative effort between technical experts from IOM, which took the lead in the development and production of the report, with essential contributions from the World Health Organization (WHO) and relevant Ministries of Health within the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
- Country Study Contributing Authors: Cambodia: Jo-Anne Bigham, Consultant; ·Lao People’s Democratic Republic: DFDL (Lao) Sole Co. Ltd, and James Lette, IOM Lao People’s Democratic Republic · Myanmar: Patrick Duigan and Aye Thida, IOM Myanmar · Thailand: Allan Beesey, Consultant · Viet Nam: Vu Anh Nga, Tran Thi Ngoc Thu and Jobst Koehler, IOM Viet Nam
- Country Coordinators · Cambodia Leul Ayalew Mekonnen and Ragai Abdelfadiel, IOM Cambodia · Lao People’s Democratic Republic: James Lette, IOM Lao People’s Democratic Republic · Myanmar: Patrick Duigan and Aye Thida, IOM Myanmar · Thailand: Sittipong Sreechat, IOM Thailand · Viet Nam: Tran Thi Ngoc Thu and Jobst Koehler, IOM Viet Nam
- Report Reviewers · Cambodia: Dr Srun Sok, DHS, MoH; Dr Huy Rekol, CNM, MoH; Professor Kim Savuon, Psychiatrist, DHS, MoH · Lao People’s Democratic Republic: Dr Bouasy Hongvanthong, MoH Lao People’s Democratic Republic · Myanmar: Dr Kyaw Khaing and Dr Aung Soe Htet, MoH Myanmar · Thailand: Ms Rampai Kaewvichien, MOPH Thailand · Viet Nam: Dr Le Thanh Dong and Dr Nguyen Quang Thieu, MoH Viet Nam
- Editor · Sarah Lauren Harris, Consultant