Worldwide mobility of health professionals (MoHProf) is a growing phenomenon, impacting the health systems of receiving, transit, and sending countries. EU Member States are increasingly affected by these developments - which might occur simultaneously within the same country. Therefore, the need to develop European policies to adequately address these issues is urgent. At the same time, reliable and differentiated knowledge and findings as a basis for such policy are lacking. MoHProf will contribute to improving this knowledge base and facilitate European policy on human resource planning.
- General migratory profile
- Push and pull, stick and stay factors
- Qualitative assessments of migration
- Key stakeholders in the health care system
- New ways of organising health
- Task shifting
- Quality of care
- Shift in politics
- Summary micro findings
- Lack of Data
- Main policy related findings and recommendations
MoHProf is funded by the European Commission as a medium-scale collaborative project within the Seventh Framework Programme, theme 1, health.