This publications portal is a repository of all IOM migration health publications from 2006 to present where IOM was a primary contributor.
Publications include peer-reviewed scientific papers, technical reports, training guides/manuals, policy briefs/discussion papers, factsheets, newsletters, research reviews, conference and poster presentations. These are categorized by topic, author, country/region covered as well as by year, language, and type of publication. The map reflects the countries covered by the publications.
To browse or search: simply use the filter options on the left-hand side. Alternatively, you can enter keyword/s in the search box. Selecting a specific publication will lead to a ‘download’ link or link to the website where the document is housed. Here is the step-by-step guide for your reference.
Migration and health. In: Adepoju A., Fumagalli C., Nyabola N. (eds) Africa Migration Report: Challenging the narrative
Author/s: Sunday Smith, Benjamin Djoudalbaye, Adam Ahmat | contribution from Jaqueline Weekers, Kolitha Wickramage
The relationship between migration and health is explored, including resilience, vulnerability, and social determinants of health throughout the migration cycle. The chapter maintains that migration health governance should include the control of communicable diseases, health security, universal health coverage (UHC), and migration-responsive systems, which are all critical to health security, public health, and development. Goal 3 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), African Union’s…Read more
Resilience, Courage, and Solidarity: Stories from the Ebola response
This book is dedicated to the numerous staff members who served at the frontlines of IOM's ebola response as well as those in the supportive roles who contributed towards its success.
- IOM responds to a public health emergency of international concern
- On the road to three ebola treatment units
- Surviving ebola treatment units
- Getting fully equipped to treat ebola patients
- On the frontlines at the community care centre and the…
IOM Guinea Ebola Response Situation Report | 21 April to 8 May 2016
- Between April 22 and 29 2016, through its sub-office in N’Zerekore, IOM organized a series of field visits to meet with administrative and military authorities of Koyama, Kpaou, Zénié, Baala, Wolono. That aim of the visit was to inform the authorities about the set-up of health screening points at different border points of entry and introduce the health screening agents to be deployed at these border entry points.
- On April 29, IOM distributed hand washing materials to the…
Guinea Ebola Response Situation Report | 9 to 31 May 2016
- Between May 9 and 13, IOM, in partnership with CDC, launched the first simulation exercise to manage EVD cases at the Madina Oula Point of Entry (PoE), at the border with Sierra Leone. Between May 22 and 26, it launched the second simulation exercise at the PoE of Baala, near Liberia. The main objective of these exercises is to prepare the authorities in charge of the points of entry in detecting, notifying and managing any suspected case of potential epidemic disease…
Recovering from the ebola crisis: IOM's strategic framework for action 2015-2017