This publications portal is a repository of all IOM migration health publications from 2006 to present where IOM was a primary contributor.
Publications include peer-reviewed scientific papers, technical reports, training guides/manuals, policy briefs/discussion papers, factsheets, newsletters, research reviews, conference and poster presentations. These are categorized by topic, author, country/region covered as well as by year, language, and type of publication. The map reflects the countries covered by the publications.
To browse or search: simply use the filter options on the left-hand side. Alternatively, you can enter keyword/s in the search box. Selecting a specific publication will lead to a ‘download’ link or link to the website where the document is housed. Here is the step-by-step guide for your reference.
Health, Border and Mobility Management: A framework to empower governments and communities to prevent, detect and respond to health threats along the mobility continuum
As people across the world become more and more mobile, the link between human mobility and health has become increasingly relevant, dynamic, and complex. Not only is the health of migrants affected by the circumstances of their migration process along the mobility continuum – at the origin, transit, destination, and return locations – but movements also impact public health as people on the move and the communities hosting them interact within and across borders.
IOM’S RESPONSE FOCUS
Population Mobility Mapping (PMM) at border-crossings and in the affected province
Points of Entry (POE) surveillance (health screening)
Infection Prevention and Control measures (hygiene promotion) at POE
Risk communication at POE
Cross-border coordination between DRC, Central African Republic (CAR) and Republic…Read more
IOM'S RESPONSE FOCUS
- Population Mobility Mapping (PMM) at border-crossings and in the affected province
- Points of ENtry (POE) surveillance (health screening)
- Infection Prevention and COntrol measures (hygiene promotion) at POE
- Risk Communication at POE
- Cross-border coordination between DRC, Central African Republic (CAR) and Republic of the Congo (ROC)
This information sheet describes IOM Migration Health Division's work in its programmatic area on migration health assistance for crisis-affected populations.
- IOM health response to emergencies: 2016 Global overview
- Provision of health services in emergencies: 2016 Global overview
- Health, border and mobility management: 2016 Global overview …
Author/s: Guglielmo Schinina’, Luana Giardinelli, Gladys Kios