This publications portal is a repository of all IOM migration health publications from 2006 to present where IOM was a primary contributor.
Publications include peer-reviewed scientific papers, technical reports, training guides/manuals, policy briefs/discussion papers, factsheets, newsletters, research reviews, conference and poster presentations. These are categorized by topic, author, country/region covered as well as by year, language, and type of publication. The map reflects the countries covered by the publications.
To browse or search: simply use the filter options on the left-hand side. Alternatively, you can enter keyword/s in the search box. Selecting a specific publication will lead to a ‘download’ link or link to the website where the document is housed. Here is the step-by-step guide for your reference.
Assessing the Health of Persons Experiencing Forced Migration: Current Practices for Health Service Organisations. In: Bozorgmehr K., Roberts B., Razum O., Biddle L. (eds) Health Policy and Systems Responses to Forced Migration
Author/s: Dominik Zenner, Kolitha Wickramage, Ursula Trummer, Kevin Pottie, Chuck Hui
This chapter looks at the current evidence and practice of health assessments amongst persons, who experienced forced migration, including asylum seekers and refugees. It places health assessments into its historical context and outlines national and international frameworks relevant to these. The main body of the chapter reviews the current practice in health assessments alongside the policy framework and evidence and provides specific examples from countries. Doing so, it also outlines…Read more
Healthcare is not universal if undocumented migrants are excluded
Author/s: Helena Legido-Quigley, Nicola Pocock, Sok Teng Tan, Leire Pajin, Repeepong Suphanchaimat, Kol Wickramage, Martin McKee, Kevin Pottie
- Millions of men, women, and children who have migrated internationally pay taxes and contribute to local economies but fail to receive the security of universal health coverage
- The right to health, which underpins the commitment to universal health coverage in the sustainable development goals, includes migrant populations
- Some countries are designing inclusive policies to ensure that undocumented migrants have access to health services, while other…
Bibliometric analysis of global migration health research in peer-reviewed literature (2000–2016)
Author/s: Waleed Sweileh, Kolitha Wickramage, Kevin Pottie, Charles Hui, Bayard Roberts, Ansam Sawalha, Saed Zyoud
Building responsive health systems to help communities affected by migration: An International delphi consensus
Author/s: Kevin Pottie, Charles Hui, Prinon Rahman, David Ingleby, Elie Akl, Grant Russell, Li Ling, Kolitha Wickramage, Davide Mosca, Claire Brindis
- Persons affected by migration require health systems that are responsive and adaptable to the needs of both disadvantaged migrants and non-migrant populations.
- The objective of this study is to support health systems for populations affected by migration.
- Materials and Methods: An international Delphi consensus process was used to identify policy approaches to improve health systems for…