This publications portal is a repository of all IOM migration health publications from 2006 to present where IOM was a primary contributor.
Publications include peer-reviewed scientific papers, technical reports, training guides/manuals, policy briefs/discussion papers, factsheets, newsletters, research reviews, conference and poster presentations. These are categorized by topic, author, country/region covered as well as by year, language, and type of publication. The map reflects the countries covered by the publications.
To browse or search: simply use the filter options on the left-hand side. Alternatively, you can enter keyword/s in the search box. Selecting a specific publication will lead to a ‘download’ link or link to the website where the document is housed. Here is the step-by-step guide for your reference.
Building responsive health systems to help communities affected by migration: An International delphi consensus
Author/s: Kevin Pottie, Charles Hui, Prinon Rahman, David Ingleby, Elie Akl, Grant Russell, Li Ling, Kolitha Wickramage, Davide Mosca, Claire Brindis
- Persons affected by migration require health systems that are responsive and adaptable to the needs of both disadvantaged migrants and non-migrant populations.
- The objective of this study is to support health systems for populations affected by migration.
- Materials and Methods: An international Delphi consensus process was used to identify policy approaches to improve health systems for…
IOM has asked the Mentor Initiative (Mentor), London based international NGO that specializes in integrated vector management in humanitarian emergencies, to finalise an assessment on malaria control in Yemen, with the objective to make recommendations to IOM on how to achieve maximumn impact on malaria control with limited financial means. For this, Mentor finalized a first draft in May, followed by a revised version in June that has incorporated most of the feedback that…Read more
Challenges of migrations in the Middle East region. In: Cools, J. (ed) Proceedings and Abstract Book of the 2nd MEGMA Conference on Thalassaemia & other Haemoglobinopathies in Amman, Jordan on 11-12 November 2016 (Vol. 102(s1): 55-58
Author/s: Walid Slim, Galev Aleksandar
- Briefing on the ongoing humanitarian crisis in the Middle East,
- The dynamics, trends and challenges of migration taking place in the context of crisis: including irregular…