IOM’s Migration Health Division (MHD) advocates for equitable access to health care for all migrants and displaced populations globally; MHD will bring to the audience of the scientific program of the MEGMA Conference the following points:
- Briefing on the ongoing humanitarian crisis in the Middle East,
- The dynamics, trends and challenges of migration taking place in the context of crisis: including irregular migration, human smuggling and trafficking, and regulated migration,
- Introduction of the United Nations’ cluster approach for the coordination of the humanitarian crisis response,
- Presentation of IOM’s health services provided to the affected population and hosting communities in the Middle East region,
- Presentation of some of the preliminary results of the IOM’s work on the Health Profile of the Syrian refugees in the Middle East region, examined by the IOM for resettlement/migration.
Region/Country (by coverage)
European Hematology Association